I, the undersigned, do hereby consent and agree that Adrian Heckstall and I Love Ancestry, have permission to use the creative writing, and/or photographs, video, digital recordings of me beginning on [date of form submission] in any and all media, now or hereafter known, and exclusively for the purpose of any printed and/or electronic material of I Love Ancestry or any subsidiary projects developed from it.
I do hereby release to Adrian Heckstall, his agents, and employees all rights to exhibit this work in print and electronic form publicly or privately and to market and sell copies. I waive any rights, claims, or interest I may have to control the use of my identity or likeness in whatever media used. I understand that there will be no financial or other remuneration for my creative writing, recording me, either for initial or subsequent transmission or playback.
I also understand that Adrian Heckstall is not responsible for any expense or liability incurred as a result of my participation in this creative writing submission, recording, including medical expenses due to any sickness or injury incurred as a result. I further consent that my name and identity may be revealed therein or by descriptive text or commentary.
By completing the “Share Your Story” Form or by commenting on this website if allowed or by emailing us content directly, you, referred below as “I” are agreeing to the following:
1. I am freely and voluntarily submitting my words/comments/reflections/photographs/videos/artwork to Adrian Heckstall and I Love Ancestry for the purpose of review and potential inclusion in the ongoing work of I Love Ancestry –a project that explores heritage, unite people and preserve ancestry.
2. I assert that the words and artwork that I share are mine and are not borrowed in part or in full from other copyrighted material.
3. I understand that my words may be used by this project in part or in full. To make this work easily available to scholars worldwide and the general public, I grant publishing rights to Adrian Heckstall to reproduce this content regardless of the media, territories, and languages in which it is distributed and displayed.
4. I understand that if I choose, I am entitled to be acknowledged as the author of the material. If I choose, I may provide Adrian Heckstall with a preferred credit line or bio or contact information (such as my email address or twitter handle, Linkedin Profile, Facebook Profile, etc) to accompany my words. I understand that all of this information may not be used to accompany my contributions. I also maintain the right to contribute my written reflection anonymously.
5. I agree to allow my contributions to be edited for grammar, length, and context and understand that my words may not be presented in an edited form.
6. I understand that my contributions may be used by Adrian Heckstall or I Love Ancestry in any printed or electronic publication or in any content that accompanies this project.
7. I understand that though sharing rights with Adrian Heckstall or I Love Ancestry, I also maintain the rights to my written work.
8. By agreeing to these terms I am agreeing to waive any fees charged to Adrian Heckstall or I Love Ancestry for commercial use of the photographic, written, or other artistic contributions featured in conjunction with the electronic or any future printed book portion of this project.
I represent that I am at least 18 years of age, have read and understood the foregoing statement, and am competent to execute this agreement.
The version of this Submissions Terms & Conditions is effective as of October 12, 2014.
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.